One of the biggest purchases and decisions of your life is buying your first home. When deciding between buying a condo and a townhome, there are many things to consider; space, price, location, condo fees and amenities. Most condos have monthly fees for upkeep of the common property, which makes its easier on the homeowner since they won’t be spending all week-end gardening or shoveling snow. Condos provide an attractive lifestyle to the prospective buyer, and can really make life a lot easier if you’re willing to sacrifice some space and a little privacy. So without further ado here are 8 reasons why owning Philadelphia Condos are better than owning a townhome:
8 Reasons Philadelphia Condos Are Better Than Townhomes
- AVAILABILITY-, there are more condominiums available in the city than homes, so you are more likely to find the perfect place to live in your desired location.
- PARKING – Many condo associations have parking lots and garages attached to the building which makes it a lot easier and saves time looking for those hard to find street spots.
- AMENITIES – Having a fitness center right in the building is convenient, less expensive than having a gym membership and will make you want to work out more since you never have to leave the building! Then there are the luxury buildings that have rooftop pools and sunning decks. People pay good money to belong to pools in the summer time, especially in Center City where there are limited spots for swimming. There are a few luxury high rises that offer chauffer services as well, but you will be paying a pretty penny in condo fees for this luxury.
- SPACE -Most Condos are usually one story living, making it easier for families, elderly people and those with bad knees who don’t want to run up and down 3 flights of stairs. Who wants to run up and down a few flights when you forget your cell phone on the nightstand?
- ELEVATORS -High rise buildings have elevators so when you have 9 bags of groceries, you can bring them inside with no hassle using a shared cart that most doormen provide. This is also a plus when moving in and out of the building since most associations let you reserve the elevator for without waiting.
- SECURITY – The security of having a doorman on site puts your mind at ease, knowing that someone is downstairs checking ID’s of all guests that come into the building. Sometimes they will even help you call a taxi, so you don’t have to walk anywhere to hail one. The doorman can even sign for your packages while you’re at work and keep it for you until you return home so you don’t have to worry about mail.
- MAINTENENCE – Usually there is a maintenance man to assist with small issues such from a clogged toilet to a pilot light that has gone out. Some buildings have a 24 hour hotline you could call with any emergency situations.
- UTILITIES – One of the best reasons owning a condo is better than a home is most association fees include water/sewer, trash removal, snow/lawn care, outside maintenance and hazard insurance and if you’re lucky, some utilities such as heat or electric, which can save plenty of money.
All of these factors explain why Center City Condos are superior to townhomes. Not only are they time and money saving, but you may even feel as if you’re on vacation if you are lucky enough to own a condo in a luxury high rise!